2018 Israel Men’s Mission and Pilgrimage
Dates: July 10, 2018 to August 3, 2018.
The main group Air Travel will be out of LAX Airport or ORD Airport.
Travel in Israel will be primarily on public transportation, taxis and rental cars.
We will spend about two weeks on pilgrimage. The trip will begin in Jerusalem and will include the follow places:
1) Jerusalem 2) Bethlehem3) Galilee including Cana, Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Mt. Tabor 4) Dead Sea 5) Petra, Jordan
The second major part of the trip is mission and service to Palestinian Christians in the West Bank. We will cooperate with a Catholic parish in the West Bank and with Caritas Jerusalem to work and serve for one week.
This men’s group will be led by Fr. James Claver, Br. Thomas Gonzaga, and Br. Peter Xavier.
• Fr. James Claver – Chaplain and Teacher at Bishop Machebeuf High School.
• Br. Thomas Gonzaga – Vowed Brother and Seminarian at St. John Vianney Seminary
• Br. Peter Xavier – Second-Year Novice, Campus Minister at University of Denver for DU Catholic Campus Ministry
The community does a number of prayer activities on a daily basis including:
• An hour of silent Eucharistic Adoration
• Liturgy of the Hours – Office of Readings, Morning, Evening and Night Prayer
Anyone coming on the trip would be expected to participate in spiritual activities mentioned above.
Air travel is around $1500 departing from Denver.
We will be primarily staying at religious houses and guesthouses run by religious orders.
Jerusalem: Casa Nova Jerusalem
Bethlehem: Casa Nova Bethlehem
Other locations TBD
We are expecting about $50-60 a day cost which includes food, ground transportation, and accommodations. The estimated total is $1500 for the trip once on the ground.
Passport and Visa Information
- Passport that is valid and not expiring within 6 months is required.
- Visa: Israel grants a free 90 day visa upon entry to the country for citizens of the United States. No prior application is required.
July 10: Travel day
July 11-15: Jerusalem
July 16-17: Dead Sea & Masada & Jerusalem
July 18-19: Bethlehem and Hebron
July 20-26 : Service in West Bank - proposed
July 27-31: Galilee: Mt. Tabor, Tiberias, Nazareth, Mount of Beatitudes, Haifa, Cana, etc.
August 1-2: Jerusalem
August 3: Travel to US